And she thinks I’m the crazy lady?
OK, if you are one of those door to door salespeople for Direct Energy I’m going to give you a foolproof way to get people to yell at you. Here goes, now pay attention OK?
1. Ring doorbell at 2:30 in the afternoon even though tiny people shoes are scattered all over the front hallway and there is a large dog lazing in the doorway.
2. Continue to spout pleasantries when homeowner is struggling to contain large dog who has gone bonkers at the sound of the doorbell. Do not get to the point, continue to make references to the weather and hotness of the day.
3. When you finally see it appropriate to let the homeowner know that you are there to get them to switch providers of hot water tank rentals say it like you are doing the homeowner a favour by stopping by in the middle of the afternoon, ringing the doorbell, causing the dog to go insane all the while the homeowners children are slowly reaching conscientiousness again.
4. When homeowner asks questions about the questionable business practices that were reported in the city’s daily newspaper yesterday, roll your eyes and say you never heard of such things.
5. Then when the homeowner probes some more about forged contracts, double billing, (etc, etc, etc) since you’ve wasted her time she is going to waster yours; make sure you give her a look that says you think she’s totally insane.
6. When the homeowner goes to get the article off her kitchen counter to educate you, run.
Thanks Direct Energy person for giving me a little bit of enjoyment out of this otherwise monotonous day.
BTW, luckily the doorbell didn’t wake up little Nay 🙂
Hope you’re having fun today!