Monthly Menu Plan for February
Having a plan for the month in January really made a huge difference for me. I used to menu plan for the week, spend a lot of time and energy thinking about my menu plan, when did I last cook that, how many times have we had red meat this month, that type of thing. But with a menu plan for the month I was easily able to make sure that I was getting a good variety of meals.
It also made making my grocery list a lot easier since I just had to glance at the fridge door and whip up a list of our regulars and anything that I may not already have in the pantry. I did end up overspending on groceries this month however because we got a Costco membership and so I bought a LOT more meat than I normally do because even though I only needed one roast I got two because that’s how they come! Hopefully it’ll all balance out in February because I really can’t afford to spend that much every month! Ha!
So the plan for this much is some old favourites but also some new recipes that look really great from my New York Times Cookbook that I received for Christmas from S. Geek. Can’t wait!
1. Bruschetta chicken with rice and veggies
2. Lentil soup with bread and salad
3. Taco Casserole
4. Friday Fun Night: Pancakes
5. Barbeque chicken wraps with celery and carrot sticks
6. Homemade pizza
7. Appetizers for dinner: chicken wings, greek salad, (whatever I see at the grocery store ;))
8. Fish with fries/salad
10. Jamie Olivers Cool Mexican bean wraps
11. Friday Fun Night: Eggs and Toast with fruit
12. Linguine in Clam Sauce
13. Braised Ligurian Chicken (from NYT cookbook)
14. Pasta and Bean Soup (from NYT cookbook)
15. Barefoot Contessa’s Chicken with 40 cloves of garlic (this one is a personal fav of mine)
16. Turkey Baguettes with garden salad
17. Chimichanga (we skip the frying)
18. Friday Fun Night: Chicken fingers and salad
21. Chicken a la Marengo (from NYT cookbook)
22. Slow cooker Cheeseburger Meatloaf
23. Fish with fries/salad
24. Homemade pizza
25. Friday Fun Night: Hot dog and salad
26. Tortellini soup with bread and salad
28. Pork chops with chutney (probably cranberry) with rice and veggie.
Mmmmm my tummy is RUMBLING! Ha!
Other than perhaps baking some valentines sugar cookies, I don’t have a whole lot of plans for baking this month. There was a LOT of cake around for Cake’s birthday so I’m feeling all sugared out. Though I have to admit that several times throughout the month I thought to myself ‘gee if we had a bag of chips in the house I would totally sit down and eat the WHOLE thing’ I’m glad I know myself enough to not let something like that into the house. I’m feeling strong and am using my controlling nature for good instead of evil right now and it’s showing on the scale each morning. Also, I don’t know if anyone else feels this way but now that I’m dieting pretty hardcore, I am SO tired
even though I’m not doing too much physically. By the time 9pm rolls around I am toast. But the problem with that is that the evening is the ONLY time I get to accomplish things for me, like sewing!
Don’t tell me that exercise will help, I really hate exercising and I don’t want you to be right!
Ugh, Nay just had ANOTHER accident. Another one. Off I go to clean up some more pee. Why am I potty training again? Oh yeah, because I like not having to wash, dry, and fold diapers every three days.
because scrubbing pee out of hardwood every hour of the day is way better.